Students travel around the world through the Global Classroom Program

Audrey Williams, Hi-Gusher Staff

Every year, Angie Parker takes students around the globe to learn about language, landmarks and culture. 

Parker, biology teacher at El Dorado High School, has taken students to Costa Rica, Rome, Pompeii, the Vatican City, Paris, Versailles, and London through the Global Classroom Program. 

Each year, it’s an opportunity to visit a new place and learn new things. 

This Spring, Parker is taking students to Beijing, China. This coming summer, they are headed to New Zealand and Australia. There are still spots available on both trips. 

“The purpose is to learn educational subjects such as language, geography, art, history, science, etc., in an experiential way,” Parker said.

In these trips, it is Parker’s hope that students can become more understanding and tolerant to those who are different than themselves. She also hopes that during these trips students build new friendships and boost their confidence. 

Every trip is unique in it’s own way, she said. “I love the city life of Europe, the adventure of Costa Rica, and the animals of Galapagos. I can not pick one favorite.”

Parker holds fundraisers to earn money for these trips. There are also scholarships. 

Students or faculty interested in attending the upcoming Global Classroom trips should contact Parker for more information.