Wildcat Volleyball prepares for new season

Team focuses on building skills

Sydney Morgan, Hi-Gusher Staff

The El Dorado High School volleyball team prepared to compete against other teams in their Purple and White game this past Tuesday, learning new skills for the upcoming season.

The team is extremely excited for the upcoming season.

Katy Mangrum, a senior on the team said, “We’re a really close team and I’m excited to see us play the best we can because we all know that we can do much better than the previous years.”

The team has been practicing and learning new skills since July, and have made multiple improvements. Many on the team though said there is still work to do.

McKenzie Tate, a junior, said, “I can improve on not getting so frustrated, not just with my teammates, but with myself too, and to do more than I have during practices and games.”

Some of the work the players are focused on includes team building, and with multiple new players this year from freshmen to seniors that have history with teams other than the Wildcats. Jordan Vonneumann, a junior, and a previous West Side Christian School player said “I enjoy playing volleyball especially with the El Dorado volleyball team, because I love them all and they’ve all made me feel very welcome.”

The team is preparing for a total of 19 games from August to October.

The next time to see the team play will be at Lakeside on Thursday. The next home game will be against White Hall, beginning at 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 28, in Wildcat Arena.