Students participate in the new Gaming Club

Autumn Frazier, Hi-Gusher Staff

Games, an enjoyable piece of entertainment whether it’s from Jack’s to playing big on a TV screen. People of all ages love to play, compete, and have fun with games. That’s why here at EHS, the Gaming Club is where the club members can play games every Friday, meeting at 3:30 pm and no later than 5:30 pm.

The club mainly plays Pathfinder and Magic the Gathering. Pathfinder is like a board game but without the board, everything happens through the world of role-play and imagination. Magic Gathering is similar to Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon Cards, letting you play one land card each turn as you try to get out creatures and spells to reduce your opponents’ health. Other fun board games the club enjoys playing is Forbidden Island, Dead of Winter, or Monopoly and some other games. Students are allowed to bring their own games to play with or just choose the ones the club has.

As of right now, the club has approximately 15 members, who are interested and attending meetings , but they are welcoming more members. Dylan Graves and Alex Ellis are the game experts, but Alexis King helps out as much as she can.

The Gaming Club has been at work for a few months, but the first meeting was on January 19, 2018. Sometimes when new members arrives, the more experienced game players will help those who are still learning.

“It’s fun if you’re interested in strategy.” Amia Owens says. “We are based upon playing different games in the club, it’s amazing.” Savion Miller says.

Go check out the Gaming Club here at EHS, you’ll have tons of fun.