‘Doggy Dash’ registration still open to benefit UCAPS

Autumn Frazier, Hi-Gusher Staff

The Save the Animals Club at El Dorado High School is hosting “The Doggy Dash,” a fundraiser to help raise money for the Union County Animal Protection Society, and is hoping to bring the community together to support Union County’s local animal shelter.
The event will allow people to have fun with their families and pets, and all profits will go to UCAPS.
The goal for the event is to raise money for UCAPS and have plenty of fun.
More than 65 people have signed up for the event, and those still interested can sign up online at runsignup.com until midnight on March 9. The race will start at 8 a.m. on March 10.
“If you wait until the event on March 10, it is $35 instead of $30, or $30 and a bag of dog food to donate. If any student wants to register, they can come ask me for a coupon code for $10 off,” STA Club Faculty Sponsor Stephanie Fussell said.
She added, “The STA club cares greatly about animals, both in our community and in general. UCAPS takes in so many stray animals and abused animals, and they treat them very well once they have them. However, UCAPS relies greatly on donations. Without donations, they would not be able to do all that they do. We hope to not only donate, but raise awareness about the need for donations.”
She explained that the event came about after club presidents met with UCAPS Manager Tanja Jackson.
“She was excited about it and agreed to partner with us,” she said.
The race will be located at the Union County Fairgrounds.
It is 3.1 miles long.