Key club

Braniyah Clark, Hi Gusher Staff

Key Club is a student-led organization whose goal is to encourage leadership through serving others. 

Students who join Key Club can boost their resume by volunteering to help others through service projects. 

Faculty Sponsor Pate Bauldree is over Key Club at EHS and helps direct officers Kendal Bronsall (President), DeLaney Virden (Vice President), and Tanner Virden (Secretary). 

Bauldree said, “Key Club is a service club that offers students the opportunity to not only serve their community but learn leadership skills. It has a special place in my heart because I was in Key Club when I went to high school back in the early 2000s.”

Bauldree said he was Key Club president of his chapter when he was in his senior year.

“I was forced to be a leader when I would have never stepped up on my own,” he said. 

Bauldree said he’s excited about how his new officers have been working together. “I expect to have a great year with my group. My officers have been hard at work coming up with service projects to not only enrich the school but also the community. They have shown a lot of initiative in getting the ball rolling and have done a great job of recruiting new members,” he said. 

The Key Club is looking forward to opportunities to recycle around campus, help out with Clean Up El Dorado, help Student Council organize and present MISSter EHS, and much more. 

Students interested in Key Club may join until Oct. 6.