The CTE app challenge

James Cain, HI gusher staff

The CTE app challenge is where each year students are challenged to make their own individual apps for a chance to win the congressional app challenge. The winning teams will have their app displayed for one year at the U.S. Capitol Building, winning students are invited to #HouseofCode Capitol Hill Reception in Washington D.C., and $250 per winner Amazon Web Services credits.

The first official Congressional App Challenge launched under the leadership of the inaugural CAC Co-Chairs Reps. Mimi Walters and Hakeem Jeffries . Reps. Ed Royce  and Seth Moulton took over as co-chairs in 2016, and in the first 2 years of the Challenge, the CAC has reached nearly 4,000 students across 33 states. Reps. Tim Ryan  and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen were co-chairs in 2017. In 2018 Representatives Suzan DelBene and French Hill became the co-chairs for a two year term. The first 4 years of the Challenge, the CAC has inspired over 14,000 students across 48 states to program an app.“ABOUT.” ABOUT –, https://www.congressionalappchallenge.us/about/#history.

Winners of 2018 form EHS were Hayden Wood,Trinity Robinson, Karsen Beck, and Devin Patel. They had made an app called Find My Teacher. Winner of 2017 form EHS were Kenzie Glass and Kristie Glass. Their app is called Bookworm. Winners of 2016 form EHS were Jackson Gregory and Joseph Sartini. The app they made was called Fuelr. Lastly the winners of 2015 from EHS are Ana Cruz, Star Lowery, Shelly Whitt, and Drake Streeter. Their winning app is called  AR Schools.

It would be a great opportunity for students who want to try out code, or if students are  interested in the prizes. If so then search this up congressional app challenge.us.